Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Health Tip: Safe Use of Candles

(HealthDay News) -- Many people enjoy burning candles to enhance their home's cozy atmosphere. But candles can be a fire hazard if not used correctly.
The City of Fairfax, Virginia, offers these candle safety tips:
  • Never leave a room with a candle still burning.
  • Light a candle in an area far from flammable materials, such as drapes, bedding, furniture, paper or wallpaper.
  • Make sure that a burning candle can't be reached by children or pets.
  • Only burn a candle that is in a sturdy, non-flammable base.
  • Keep the candle wick trimmed to about one-quarter of an inch.
  • Don't burn candles right next to each other, near doors or windows, or on a surface that may catch fire or melt from the heat.
  • Throw a candle away when the wax is down to about 2 inches from the base.
  • Don't use a candle that has flammable materials (such as twigs or pinecones) inside the wax.

No comments:

Paratrex®

Paratrex®

$32.95
[ learn more ]

Add to Cart

Get Paratrex® and promote a natural cleansing of your system. Paratrex® helps create an environment hostile to invading organisms. Help flush your system clean!

Advanced Body Cleansing Kit

Advanced Body Cleansing Kit

$147.75
[ learn more ]

Add to Cart

Advanced Body Cleansing Kit with Livatrex™, Oxy-Powder®, Latero-Flora™ and two bottles of ParaTrex®.