Saturday, October 28, 2006

Mercury

Mercury is one of the most toxic elements on the planet, probably second only to plutonium, yet (worldwide) people have it in all tissues of their bodies. It continues to be dumped into our waterways and soil, placed into our teeth, and injected into our bodies through vaccinations.

Toxicity caused by excessive mercury exposure is now becoming recognized as a widespread environmental problem and is continuing to attract a great deal of public attention.

A National Academy of Sciences study published in July 2001 estimates that up to 60,000 children born in the USA each year may be affected by mercury toxicity. In March of 2002, an environmental group had charged the FDA of failing to warn the public of the dangers of mercury contamination from eating tuna, which contains high levels of mercury.

Texas researchers have found a possible link between autism and mercury in the air and water. In fact, the incidence of autism has grown in the past 20 years, from one in every 2,000 children to as high as one in every 166! Researchers have been hard-pressed to explain the increase, but many believe mercury to be the culprit.

The World Health Organization (WHO) reports that the amount of mercury absorbed daily by the average human body is 0.3 micrograms (mcg) from water and air, 2.61 mcg from fish, and 17 mcg from dental amalgams (silver fillings). Research points out that 80% of mercury vapor is absorbed into the blood, going directly from the nose to the brain, following nasal nerve pathways. Dentists have four times as much of a body burden of mercury as an average non-dentist.

Dental workers show 50-300% more mercury in hair and fingernails than the average population. Before public awareness campaigns started, it is a notable fact that the preservative thiomerasol (usually added to vaccines) contained mercury. In 1999, the CDC called for the removal of mercury from vaccines. Paradoxically, the CDC still continues to recommend the measles, mumps and rubella vaccine.

If you are one of the millions of Americans who has received silver dental fillings, take notice. Mercury makes up about 50 percent of every amalgam dental filling, also known as “silver” fillings. Amalgam fillings can release mercury for up to 70 years. Someone with eight amalgams, for example, could have 120 mcg released into the saliva per day.

The maximum allowable by the EPA is less than 0.1 mcg per kilogram of body weight per day, to be absorbed into the human body. We now know that the dental mercury/silver amalgam filling is “chemically & electrically active.” Science has proven that every time we eat, drink, or breathe, we may be absorbing disturbing releases of decomposing, toxic particles—mercury included. This chronic, toxic accumulation is being shown to have serious, long-term consequences on our immune system, resulting in a variety of disease and conditions.

Consider that while 78% of Americans have dental fillings, 95% of people with disorders of the central nervous system such as MS, epilepsy, paralysis and migraines also have silver dental fillings. This begs the question: Would you want mercury—one of the most powerful neurotoxins on the planet—embedded in your mouth, only inches from your brain?

The answer is obvious. This is the same reason why you can no longer buy an oral or rectal mercury thermometer.

No comments:

Paratrex®

Paratrex®

$32.95
[ learn more ]

Add to Cart

Get Paratrex® and promote a natural cleansing of your system. Paratrex® helps create an environment hostile to invading organisms. Help flush your system clean!

Advanced Body Cleansing Kit

Advanced Body Cleansing Kit

$147.75
[ learn more ]

Add to Cart

Advanced Body Cleansing Kit with Livatrex™, Oxy-Powder®, Latero-Flora™ and two bottles of ParaTrex®.